Guwahati: The new COVID 19 cases in Assam crossed the 2,000 mark in a single day with Kamrup Metro alone counting for 760 cases in the past 24 hours.
According to the National Health Mission (NHM), Assam on Monday reported another major increase in new Covid-19 cases, and registered 2,198 fresh COVID-19 infections. Two COVID-19 related deaths were also reported and the overall positivity percentage went up to 4.49%.
Assam has a COVID-19 recovery rate of 97.71 per cent.
As per the Saturday morning report, there were 319 Covid patients admitted to GMCH.
In the GMCH emergency ward, 92 patients were admitted, whereas 11 were in the ICU unit.
- PM, Jugnauth jointly launch India-assisted projects in Mauritius
- UAE envoy: Yemen’s Houthis used missiles in Abu Dhabi attack
- Israel inks multi-billion dollar submarine deal with Germany
- 5G row: Air India resumes 6 India-US flights after Boeing’s clearance
- Emirates to again fly Boeing 777 to US as 5G rollout slowed
- Top US, European diplomats hold talks on Ukraine crisis