Guwahati Police received an SOS message from a woman contemplating suicide after which the cops sprung into action to save her life.
The woman was successfully traced by the cops and female officers of the city police met her, and took her to safety. According to reports, the woman is now safe and has been offered professional help.
Taking to Twitter, Assam Police retweeted Guwahati Police’s feat of averting a suicide in appreciation of the great work done by the team.
“Today, a depressed lady, while contemplating the extreme step, reached out to us on Messenger. The person was traced. Lady Officers met her. She is now safe & being offered professional help. We are glad we could be of assistance. Pls reach out, we’re always available to help,” Guwahati Police tweeted via their official Twitter handle.
Guwahati City Police Commissioner Harmeet Singh, too, wrote on Twitter, soon after, urging citizens to seek help from the police, saying that Guwahati and Assam Police teams are always available to help if anybody feels low.
“If you’re ever feeling low, please reach out, we’re always available to help,” wrote the senior police officer on Twitter.
The Assam Police SMART Social Media Centre for cyber patrolling called ‘Nagarik Mitra‘ was launched in 2019 to make the police force more people-friendly and service-centric.
Also read: Depression: Overcoming the gruesome enemy
- Limiting global warming to 1.5 degrees not plausible: Report
- Tripura 2023: 259 candidates remain in fray for Assembly polls
- How big data and big dollars are changing cricket
- Budget 2023-24 has very little for marginalised sections: Rights groups
- Meghalaya 2023: NPP Garo Hills candidates file nominations
- India’s push for climate finance in Eco Survey reflects its stance as G20 President