Guwahati: As many as 26 people have been fined by the traffic police in Guwahati for drunken driving in last two days. The licenses of the offenders have been suspended and a fine of Rs 10,000 each has been imposed on them.
Notably, the Guwahati police is conducting a vigilance drive against cases of drinking and driving and taking stringent action against offenders by penalising them.
The Guwahati Police took to their official Twitter handle to inform the about this latest development. “Drive Against Drunken Driving. Yesterday night 26 people were intercepted for drunk driving.”
With Holiday season upon us and Guwahati folk expected to party hard during Christmas and New Year celebrations, the traffic police have intensified their drive against drunken driving.
Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma has already cautioned citizens of the state that if anybody is found violating traffic rules and indulged in drunken driving, strictest action will be taken against such offenders.
- Why T cell vaccines may be key to long-term immunity from COVID
- Wealth of India’s 10 richest can fund education of every child for 25 yrs: Study
- Bikaner-Guwahati Express derailment: Railways’ prompt action saves lives
- Daily virus cases in Russia double as omicron spreads
- Joint efforts only way to fight pandemic: Chinese Prez Xi Jinping
- China’s population grows by less than half-a-million in 2021