Guwahati: As many as 15 students have tested positive for Covid-19 at the Gauhati University, forcing authorities to cancel the physical classes and close hostel for five days.
Three hostels have been declared as containment zone by the administration to prevent further spread of the disease.
According to university authorities, hostels, as well as offline classes, will remain closed from December 15 to December 19.
Most of the infected students are inmates of different university hostels.
The Covid-19 test was conducted at the university last week as per the instructions of the health department. Students with Covid infection have been admitted to the hospital.
- ‘Semkhor’: Nagaland Dimasa body condemns wrong depiction of community in film
- ISRO scientist Anil Kumar elected VP of International Astronautical Federation
- All women entitled to safe, legal abortion: Supreme Court
- Assam: Prez Murmu to inaugurate Dhubri Medical College on Oct 12
- 1 dead, 9 TMC supporters injured in accident while returning from rally
- Sikkim: Golay hands job orders to 2000 unemployed as ‘Dushera Gift’