A fire in Guwahati killed several animals in a pet shop at about 1 am on September 5. The incident occurred at the City Pet Shop in the Bora Service area.

The fire was eventually doused by the fire department, but because the pets were housed inside the shop, three dogs and three bunnies died in the fire.

Moon Onjon Ramchiary from the Guwahati Fire & Emergency Service (F&ESS) department informed media outlet G Plus that the cause of the fire was determined to have originated from an electrical fault.

The event has upset several animal lovers in Guwahati city because of the pets losing their lives.

“This is a serious concern and there is a need to figure out whether there were any violations made to store the animals. Proper emergency measures present at the store have to be ascertained as well,” a People for Animals Guwahati member stated.

Also read | COVID-19: What happens if a far more lethal coronavirus emerges in pets?

Trending Stories

Latest Stories

Leave a comment

Leave a comment Cancel reply