A day after the ghastly murder of 15-year-old Dimple Kumawat, the culprit, Abhishek Gupta alias Ashish, has been arrested by the Police on Thursday.
The police had detained three suspects in the case Abhishek Gupta, the victim’s cousin, his friend Karan Das, and a tenant who was held for questioning earlier on Thursday.
On being questioned about the motive of the attack, he said that the girl had allegedly slapped Abhishek after a heated argument, following which the culprit hit her on the head and stabbed her brutally.
The police also recovered the mobile phone and SIM card with the accused had hidden after killing the girl.
Dimple was attacked on Wednesday at 11 am when her parents weren’t home. She was found blood-soaked by her aunt. Dimple was a resident of Kharghuli. Her father had filed an FIR with the Latasil Police Station on Wednesday evening.
The police began their investigation soon after the incident and caught hold of the culprit in less than 36 hours of the brutal attack.
- Arunachal Guv asks village headmen to encourage people for vaccination
- Assam considering local procurement of food grains under schemes
- Single-day recoveries surpass fresh COVID-19 cases in Nagaland
- 3 boys drown in Brahmaputra in Guwahati
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh