Guwahati: An Imphal-bound passenger was apprehended by CISF personnel at the airport here on Wednesday for allegedly trying to smuggle in US dollars worth Rs 65.70 lakh, a senior official of the force said.
The 25-year-old passenger was intercepted with $90,000 during security checks, and he was later handed over to the Customs authorities as he could not furnish a valid document for carrying the foreign currency, he said.
The value of the recovered currency is about Rs 65.70 lakh, the official said.
He said that the two Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) officials, Sub Inspectors S K Singh and Dalip Kumar, who detected the hidden dollars have been given a reward of Rs 10,000 each by the force chief.
- Home-grown artisans showcase creativity at 2nd Nagaland handmade jewellery exhibition
- China declares all cryptocurrency transactions illegal
- RN Ravi paved his own exit: NSCN-IM reminds new interlocutor
- Amazon Great Indian Festival 2021 dates announced. Check details
- All rural Nagaland households to get tap water by March 2023: Minister
- Assam Jobs: PMAY Urban Assam has 13 manager vacancies. Details here