Guwahati: Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) has decided to run one Shatabdi special train between New Jalpaiguri – Howrah and another Jan Shatabdi special train between Guwahati – Jorhat Town from July 12.
These trains will run six days a week (except Sunday) on existing path and timings of 12042/12041 (between New Jalpaiguri – Howrah) and 12067/12068 (between Guwahati – Jorhat Town) for the benefit of passengers.
• Train No. 02842 New Jalpaiguri – Howrah Shatabdi special will leave from New Jalpaiguri at 5.30 am to reach Howrah at 1.35 pm on the same day. In return direction, Train No. 02841 Howrah – New Jalpaiguri Shatabdi special will leave from Howrah at 2.15 pm to reach New Jalpaiguri at 10.35 pm on that day. The train will have stoppages at Kishanganj, Barsoi, Malda Town, New Farakka and Bolpur Shantiniketan stations.
• Train No. 02067 Guwahati – Jorhat Town Jan Shatabdi special will leave from Guwahati at 6.10 am to reach Jorhat Town at 1 pm on the same day. In return direction, Train No. 02068 Jorhat Town – Guwahati Jan Shatabdi special will leave from Jorhat Town at 2.30 pm to reach Guwahati at 9.20 pm on that day. The train will have stoppages at Chaparmukh junction, Hojai, Lanka, Lumding, Diphu, Bokajan, Furkating junction and Mariani junction stations.
The stoppage of this train at Dimapur station is temporarily curtailed due to restrictions imposed by Nagaland state government on stoppages of trains at Dimapur until further advice.
The details of stoppages and timings of these trains are available in Railway’s website and are also being notified in various newspapers and social media platforms of NFR.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence