The depression over the Bay of Bengal moved nearly northwards at a speed of 17 kmph over the past six hours, intensifying into a deep depression as of 5.30 am today.
The IMD expects it to further strengthen into a cyclonic storm within the next 24 hours.
Also Read: Climate solutions are already in our nature
- Lights, Camera, Action: Brahmaputra Valley Film Festival returns with a bang
- ‘Guess the Pervert’ challenges perceptions, unveils societal hypocrisy
- Assam to impart primary education through medium of tribal languages
- Tripura: Referral lab reports 5 to 15 HIV-positive cases everyday
- Meghalaya: Central team reviews Jal Shakti Abhiyan projects in Garo Hills
- ZPM leader Lalduhoma sworn in as Mizoram Chief Minister