Guwahati: Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) issued a press release on Saturday with a comprehensive breakdown of the changes in train schedules along the Pathsala – Sorupeta – Barpeta Road section of the Rangiya division in Assam.
According to NFR, a four-day rolling block has been scheduled to facilitate the execution of developmental initiatives, starting on August 26 and extending until Septemper 3.
Passengers and commuters are urged to stay informed about the ensuing changes to their travel plans.
Trains will be cancelled within the notified timeframe (August 26-Septemper 3) for the following routes.
- The Intercity Express (Train No. 15769) voyaging from Alipurduar Jn to Lumding.
- The corresponding Intercity Express (Train No. 15770) journeying from Lumding to Alipurduar Jn.
- The Shifung Express (Train No. 15753) departing from Alipurduar Jn towards Guwahati.
- The reverse Shifung Express (Train No. 15754) plying from Guwahati to Alipurduar Jn.
- The Express (Train No. 15928) en route from New Tinsukia to Rangiya.
- The opposite Express (Train No. 15927) travelling from Rangiya to New Tinsukia.
- The Express (Train No. 15967) that regularly shuttles between Rangiya and Ledo.
In addition to cancellations, several trains will be rescheduled (Aug 26-Sept 3). The restructured departure times are as follows:
- The Passenger (Train No. 05801) originating from New Bongaigaon to Guwahati will now commence its journey at 06:10 instead of 04:40.
- The corresponding Passenger (Train No. 05810) voyaging from Guwahati to New Bongaigaon will have a delayed departure at 06:30, as opposed to the earlier time of 05:00.
- The Express (Train No. 22411) embarking from Naharlagun shall now set off at 00:50, deviating from the previous schedule of 21:50.
- On 30th August and 6th September, the Northeast Express (Train No. 12505) departing from Kamakhya will leave at 13:40, an hour later than its usual departure time of 12:40.
Additionally, train services might be changed between August 29 and September 5. Here’s what’s expected:
- The Kamrup Express (Train No. 15959) traversing from Howrah to Dibrugarh will experience an approximate delay of 90 minutes en route.
- The Northeast Express (Train No. 12506) journeying from Anand Vihar Terminal to Kamakhya is projected to encounter a delay of approximately 60 minutes en route.
- The Brahmaputra Mail (Train No. 15657) embarking from Delhi and destined for Kamakhya is likely to experience a delay of about 60 minutes en route.
The Rajdhani Express (Train No. 20503) on its route from Dibrugarh to New Delhi, scheduled for travel on 26th August and 2nd September 2023, is expected to be diverted via the Kamakhya – Goalpara Town – New Bongaigaon route.
Over the past four years, EastMojo revolutionised the coverage of Northeast India through our sharp, impactful, and unbiased coverage. And we are not saying this: you, our readers, say so about us. Thanks to you, we have become Northeast India’s largest, independent, multimedia digital news platform.
Now, we need your help to sustain what you started.
We are fiercely protective of our ‘independent’ status and would like to remain so: it helps us provide quality journalism free from biases and agendas. From travelling to the remotest regions to cover various issues to paying local reporters honest wages to encourage them, we spend our money on where it matters.
Now, we seek your support in remaining truly independent, unbiased, and objective. We want to show the world that it is possible to cover issues that matter to the people without asking for corporate and/or government support. We can do it without them; we cannot do it without you.
Support independent journalism, subscribe to EastMojo.
Cancellation due to non-interlocking work:
The special train (Train No. 01666) chartered to journey from Agartala to Rani Kamalapati on August 27, stands cancelled due to ongoing Non-Interlocking work at the Powerkheda station within the West Central railway network.
Travellers and passengers are strongly advised to remain in close contact with railway authorities for real-time updates regarding train schedules.
- Assam poll panel releases voters’ list for panchayat elections
- Nagorno-Karabakh: Crisis in the Caucasus could destabilise the whole of Eurasia
- Meghalaya: Why this 53-year-old returned to ‘study’ after 35 years
- NFR cancels, diverts, reschedule trains; Check details here
- Meghalaya: Women’s Reservation Bill a false promise, says AICC spokesperson
- Arunachal: Class 8 Science exam cancelled after paper leak