Diphu: Heroin worth more than Rs 6 crore was seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong district on Tuesday and two persons were arrested, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of the state police and CRPF launched an operation in Janakpukhuri in Khatkhati police station area on the Nagaland border, and intercepted a vehicle.
Over the past four years, EastMojo revolutionised the coverage of Northeast India through our sharp, impactful, and unbiased overage. And we are not saying this: you, our readers, say so about us. Thanks to you, we have become Northeast India’s largest, independent, multimedia digital news platform.
Now, we need your help to sustain what you started.
We are fiercely protective of our ‘independent’ status and would like to remain so: it helps us provide quality journalism free from biases and agendas. From travelling to the remotest regions to cover various issues to paying local reporters honest wages to encourage them, we spend our money on where it matters.
Now, we seek your support in remaining truly independent, unbiased, and objective. We want to show the world that it is possible to cover issues that matter to the people without asking for corporate and/or government support. We can do it without them; we cannot do it without you.
Support independent journalism, subscribe to EastMojo.
During the search of the vehicle, the security forces seized 1.41 kg of heroin, hidden in 85 soap boxes.
The police seized the vehicle and arrested two persons, identified as Gracy Rowa and Jain Prasad.
Also Read | CMs to meet May 24 for 2nd phase of Assam-Meghalaya border talks
- India, US to establish ambitious roadmap for defence industrial cooperation
- Indian-origin teacher banned from England schools for hiding fraud case
- Indian-Americans thrilled to be part of Modi’s first state visit to US
- Assam: Aaranyak holds media workshop on human-wildlife coexistence
- Nepal’s 81.19% population is Hindu despite decline in followers
- We must encourage tech transfer to deal environmental pollution: NHRC