In the first part, we looked at how evictions in the Silsako Beel area of Guwahati not only destroyed homes but also the lives of thousands who had been living there for years. In the second part, we look at why people take such big steps even when they know of the impending risks, and what the government can do to avoid such mishaps.
Whether government officials or those evicted, everyone agrees that the conmen selling Eksonia plots have ties with influential political leaders and local police stations that help them in selling the same Eksonia land to different parties. Friends in high places like the Mandal office or the......
- Yuva Sangam great initiative to promote people-to-people connect: PM
- World’s oldest Homo sapiens footprint identified on South Africa’s Cape south coast
- China’s first domestically built plane makes its maiden commercial flight
- New Parl building will be witness to India’s growth: VP Dhankhar
- Rahul Gandhi gets new passport, set to travel to US on Monday
- ISRO begins countdown for launch of navigation satellite