Tinsukia (Assam): A 60-year-old man was arrested in Assam’s Tinsukia district on Saturday for allegedly raping a minor, police said.
The crime took place on Wednesday after the accused lured the 10-year-old girl to a nearby tea garden, a police official said.
“The victim was taken to Tinsukia civil hospital by her family members. Medical examination has confirmed rape of the girl,” he said.
Help sustain honest journalism.
Based on the FIR lodged by the girl’s family, police nabbed the accused, the officer said.
Also read | No more holding my pee: LGBTQIA+ campaign in Assam seeks safe toilets
- Bengal Governor OKs Rajiva Sinha’s name as election commissioner
- Meira Paibis form human chain ‘to safeguard territorial integrity’ of Manipur
- Mamata visiting Odisha train tragedy victims to get political dividend: BJP
- Tripura: Kamalasagar-Kasba border haat likely to reopen by July
- Active Covid cases in country decrease to 2,831
- It’s time to move beyond the welfare state to the wellbeing state