Guwahati: The two-day regional workshop on PM GatiShakti National Master Plan for north east states on Friday focused on development of economic centres in the region through appropriate infrastructure and logistics set up.
It was also decided to strengthen the north east corridor with adequate multimodal connectivity to economic centres and gateway ports, and identify critical infrastructure gaps and ensure they are taken up for connectivity projects, Special Secretary of the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) Sumita Dawra told reporters at the end of the first day’s meeting.
The objective of the workshop is to promote wider adoption of PM GatiShakti for holistic planning, bring more vigour and build synergy with all the stakeholders, Dawra said.
Over 140 participants, including senior government officials related to infrastructure, the economic and social sectors from different central ministries, state departments, NITI Aayog, and representatives from multilateral agencies are participating in the workshop.
Help sustain honest journalism.
The second day of the workshop will feature sessions on the National Logistics Policy and state logistics policies, and drawing an understanding for creating sustainable cities.
PM GatiShakti was launched on October 13, 2021 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Also Read | Assam MP moves Centre over poor rail connectivity in NE
- Tripura to develop ‘Weekend tourism hub’ around Ujjayanta Palace
- LS polls preparations: EC begins ‘first level check’ of EVMs across India
- PM Modi’s US visit will set new benchmarks for bilateral ties: Pentagon
- China, Pak, Iran discuss joint efforts to deal with security challenges
- Cash-strapped Pak govt to unveil budget ahead of general polls this year
- Business groups look at India as part of strategy to diversify globally: WH official