Kokrajhar: Several shops were gutted as a major fire broke out in Assam’s Kokrajhar district in the early hours of Sunday, police said.
The fire in the Hauriapet area of Gossaigaon broke out around 4 am, they said.
About 12-15 shops were reduced to ashes, but no one was injured in the blaze, they added.
Help sustain honest journalism.
The fire caused damage worth Rs 1 crore before it was brought under control, police said.
“It appears that the fire might have started from an electric short circuit, but we can ascertain the actual reason only after a thorough investigation,” a police officer said.
Also read | Left gradually lost its footing in Tripura tribal areas. Here’s why
- Trump not alone in US presidential pantheon of controversies, scandals
- Assam: Submission date under Mission Basundhara 2.0 extended
- Meghalaya: CRPF celebrates ‘Raising Day’ in Tura
- Itanagar police seized heroin worth Rs 90 lakh, arrest 21 peddlers in March
- Palm Sunday 2023: Wishes and greetings for your loved ones
- Tripura to host G20 conclave on clean energy from Monday