Guwahati: Two teachers have been identified as the masterminds of the Class 10 question paper leak, Assam Director General of Police G P Singh said on Friday.
One of them has been detained, while the other accused is still absconding, and “we are confident of nabbing him soon”, he said.
Pranab Dutta, the headteacher and centre in-charge of Luhit Khabalu High School of Majuli, has been detained, the DGP said.
“He will be arrested today and brought to the CID headquarters here on transit remand,” Singh said.
The other accused, Kumud Rajkhowa, a teacher of Daflakata High School in Lakhimpur, is a close associate of Dutta, he said.
Help sustain honest journalism.
Singh said remnants of burnt question papers have been recovered from the house of Dutta, and those are being sent for forensic examination.
He also claimed the chain through which the papers were leaked and circulated has been established.
Days after the general science question paper leak of the Class 10 state board exam, the Assamese paper also got leaked, Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma had said on Thursday evening.
Also Read | Entire exam system will be analysed, rectified: Assam minister
- Danger of poor housing in remote communities
- Nepal’s vultures, recovering from a poisoning crisis, fly into another
- What peace in Ukraine and a post-conflict world look like to Xi and Putin
- Universal Basic Income does not cause inflation
- Antarctic ice age survival story: life seeking ice-free refuges imitates art in Ice Age, the movie
- Covid cases: Govt planning nationwide drill to take stock of hospital preparedness