Guwahati: In a “biggest” drug haul in Assam, over 4 kg of heroin was seized in Karbi Anglong district and two people were apprehended, Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said on Monday.
The value of contraband in the international market is estimated to be over Rs 25 crore, a senior police officer said.
Hailing the Assam police, the chief minister tweeted, “In the biggest haul so far @karbianglongpol intercepted a truck coming from a neighbouring state at Khatkhati and seized 4.109 kg heroin with the help of Assam Police Dog Squad & C-20 CRPF.”
Help sustain honest journalism.
According to Karbi Anglong police, the vehicle was intercepted on Sunday night after getting a tip-off.
Taking to Twitter, Karbi Anglong police said, “A truck was intercepted and our sniffer warrior “Danny” of Assam Police Dog Squad, sniffed out 4.109 kg of suspected heroin.
Two persons have been apprehended in this connection, police said.
- What do people think about when they go to sleep?
- Mizoram: 3 arrested in Champhai for posing as intelligence officials
- Arunachal: Active NSCN-K cadre surrenders in Changlang
- Tripura CM urges students to be watchful allies of the police
- Brutal assault on Naga woman in Ahmedabad spa sparks outrage
- Bloom Bazaar: Nagaland’s fresh initiative to boost floriculture