Diphu: Heroin worth over Rs 3 crore was seized and three persons were arrested in two separate operations in Assam’s Karbi Anglong district on Wednesday, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, 1.36 kg of heroin worth over Rs 1 crore was seized in police point 1 area from two persons, who were subsequently arrested, they said.
The two arrested persons brought the drugs from Rajasthan by train, and were on the way to hand it to a person here when they were nabbed, police said.
In another operation, a vehicle was intercepted near Laharijan police point in Bokajan area of the district, and 304 gm of heroin was seized. The heroin, valued at over Rs 2 crore, was packed in 25 soap boxes, police said.
One person was arrested, they said.
Help sustain honest journalism.
Also Read | Why making phone calls can be good for young people’s wellbeing
- Meghalaya: BSF holds CAP and medical camp in South Garo Hills
- Assam Govt signs MoU with Flybig to start intra-state flight services
- Northeast needs a lot of things: Hindi is not one of them
- Rahul disqualification an ‘own goal’ by BJP, says Shashi Tharoor
- Rahul Gandhi should accept court verdict: Meghalaya CM
- Centre withdraws AFSPA from 4 more police stations in Manipur