Diphu (Assam): Two children and their grandmother died due to suspected food poisoning in Assam’s Karbi Anglong district, a health official said on Thursday.
The trio had eaten ‘pithas’ (rice cakes) on Tuesday night, following which they complained of stomach ache and started vomiting in their house in Tekelangjung area, he said.
Help sustain honest journalism.
The 70-year-old woman died in the house on Wednesday, while the children were rushed to a nearby primary healthcare centre, where the seven-year-old boy died on Thursday.
Doctors advised the parents to admit the 11-year-old girl to Diphu Medical College and Hospital but they took her back home, where she died later, the official added.
- Assam: Two held in Karimganj district for selling beef
- Nagaland polls: NDPP agrees to part with 4 urban seats to ally BJP
- Congress releases final list of candidates for Meghalaya Assembly polls
- Tripura polls: BJP to contest in 55 seats; ally IPFT to fight in 5
- Death and dying: how different cultures deal with grief, mourning
- PM to campaign for BJP in poll-bound Meghalaya