Guwahati: All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)-Guwahati, planned under Phase V of the 22 new AIIMS of the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojna, observed its 3rd Institute Day on January 12.
The day is observed to mark the commencement of academic activities at AIIMS Guwahati.
This year’s celebration was especially significant as for the first time it was celebrated at the main campus of AIIMS Guwahati under the guidance of Executive Director Prof. Ashok Puranik.
The 2-day celebration was marked by an academic extravaganza.
Help sustain honest journalism.
Prof. Gitanjali Batmanabane, a renowned academician and administrator, graced the event as chief guest.
Prof. Batmanabane delivered the Institute Day Oration and eminent surgeon Prof. Subhash Khanna delivered the keynote address on the occasion. Various performances by staff, faculty, and students of the AIIMS Guwahati marked the celebration.
The event was also marked by the gracious presence of prominent guests, including Director of NIPER, SP Kamrup, Commandant, Base Hospital, Basistha, to name a few.
- Manipur: 3 insurgents, including one woman, arrested in separate ops
- Meghalaya 2023: AL Hek’s rally sees hundreds of supporters
- BJP will win the minority vote in Tripura 2023: Pratima Bhoumik
- New Music Monday: Evangeline, SAD B!TCH, Stunt Double & more
- MHA files review petition in SC on observations on Sikkimese Nepali
- Assam: Families point to ‘erroneous’ data in ID cards behind child marriage arrests