New Delhi: The Vishva Hindu Parishad has claimed that the recent murder of a 16-year-old Bajrang Dal activist in Assam’s Karimganj district was carried out by ‘jihadis’.
Sambhu Koiri was killed in Lowairpua area, about 50 km from Karimganj town, under Bazaricherra Police Station on January 7. Koiri was returning to Karimganj district after attending a three-day training camp of the Bajrang Dal in neighbouring Hailakandi district.
The Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP), in a statement, claimed the murder was carried out by ‘jihadis’ and demanded action in the matter.
“This is not an isolated incident. In the last two years, nine Karyakartas of Bajrang Dal have been killed and 32 attacked by Jihadis,” it said.
Help sustain honest journalism.
The right-wing Hindu organisation also said that it will organise protests on January 17 and 18.
“Therefore, on January 17 and 18, 2023, Bajrang Dal will protest at district centres across the country and submit a memorandum to district magistrates…,” the statement added.
- CBI nabs 2 NF Railway engineers in bribery case
- Meghalaya 2023: 11 candidates from 3 EGH constituencies file nominations
- Manipur: 3 insurgents, including one woman, arrested in separate ops
- Meghalaya 2023: AL Hek’s rally sees hundreds of supporters
- BJP will win the minority vote in Tripura 2023: Pratima Bhoumik
- New Music Monday: Evangeline, SAD B!TCH, Stunt Double & more