Morigaon (Assam): A vehicle carrying the mother of Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma met with a minor accident on National Highway 37 in Morigaon district on Tuesday, an official said.
However, no injuries were reported in the accident.
“Sarma’s mother Mrinalini Devi and brother Diganta Biswa Sarma were travelling from Guwahati to Diphu in Karbi Anglong district to attend a programme when their vehicle was hit on the rear by a speeding SUV in Silsang area,” Morigaon District Transport Officer Bapan Kalita told PTI.
The district police officers arranged for another vehicle for their return to Guwahati, Kalita added.
Help sustain honest journalism.
The SUV driver fled with the vehicle following the accident and a search has been launched to trace the car and the driver.
Mrinalini Devi is the vice president of Asam Sahitya Sabha while the CM’s brother is a publisher and owner of a bookshop in Guwahati.
Also read | PM to hold pre-Budget meeting with economists, experts on Friday
- Man sentenced to 100 years in prison for Indian-origin girl’s death in US
- Assam CM inaugurates, lays foundation for Rs 545-cr projects
- Navy’s car expedition covering ‘entire coastline’ flagged off from Kolkata
- What the stars do not have in store for you, as per your horoscope
- Bangladesh MP bats for border hospitals on lines of border haats
- Assam: APSC conducts CCE (Preliminary) exam in 31 districts