Bhogdanga: We may be entering 2023, but travel to interior regions of the Char region in Assam, and you will realise that while the calendar might show a different year, the clock in many places is still stuck in the late 70s.
Take the example of the Bhogdanga village in the Dhubri district. EastMojo’s visit to the village, which is a narrow strip of land barely 50 metres wide, brought to the forefront the basic problems the locals face. And there are several issues. Neighboured by Bangladesh, locals enter Indian territory through a Border......
- PIL filed in SC challenging Centre’s decision to ban BBC documentary
- UK PM Rishi Sunak sacks Tory party chief over tax penalty row
- Arunachal CM asks BJP workers not to allow ‘money culture’ during elections
- Widows of deceased employee entitled to family pension: Gauhati HC
- Assam: APDCL to hike power tariff by 50 paise per unit from February 1
- Sikkim to see rallies over SC verdict on Sikkimese Nepali