Guwahati: The Assam assembly on Friday passed an appropriation bill, allowing the state to withdraw Rs 18,177.56 crore from the consolidated fund.
The Assam Appropriation (No. IV) Bill, 2022 was introduced by Finance Minister Ajanta Neog.
Help sustain honest journalism.
The amount is meant towards defraying several charges which will come in course of payment during 2022-23, the bill said.
It was passed by a voice vote.
- Tripura HC stays Trial Court ruling against WhatsApp
- Is it normal to forget words while speaking? And when can it spell a problem?
- How to effectively manage methane emissions from Indian landfills
- Should people who are forced to cross borders due to climate change be recognised as refugees?
- Megaherbivores could be a potential solution to manage invasive plants, finds study
- An expert explains the recipe for making the perfect romcom