Guwahati: Road projects in the Northeast can often be some of the most challenging missions. A few weeks ago, we highlighted how, two decades after being commissioned, the road widening project in Nagaland remained far from completion. Assam, too, has its share of white elephant projects. As 2022 comes to a close, there was more than one instance when we were reminded that several projects remain far from completion. But why is it that the East-West Corridor, a project meant to connect Barak Valley’s Silchar with Gujarat’s Saurashtra commissioned in the late 90s, remains in limbo?
From landslides to......
- Meghalaya has over 1200 vacant govt teacher posts: Education minister
- Meghalaya: MLA Methodius Dkhar seeks proper road connectivity
- Nagaland CM calls for oil exploration in inter-state border areas
- Ruckus hit Tripura Assembly as Kokborok script stir war of words
- Sikkim reports 6 new COVID-19 cases
- Literary body apologises over its Assamese-Bengali ‘gamosa’