Guwahati: For the second consecutive year, the Assam government has approved special casual leave to its employees to spend time with their parents.
The employees can avail of two days special leave on February 9 and 10 next year, an official release said on Friday.
The special leaves will be clubbed with regular holidays of second Saturday and Sunday on the following two days, thus enabling the employees to spend four days with their parents, it said.
The detailed rules and modalities for applying and availing the special leaves will be informed through a special web portal, the release added.
Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma, in his first address on Independence Day after assuming office in 2021, had announced this initiative for state government employees so that they may spend time with their parents and parents-in-law.
Help sustain honest journalism.
It was later approved by the state Cabinet.
The first such leaves were given on January 6 and 7 this year.
Sarma had said then that the leaves could be availed by all, including ministers, except the chief minister, the chief secretary and the director general of police.
Also read |
- Here’s how India’s warming nights impact health
- Manipur: Lawyer, businessman file plea in SC against internet ban
- Meghalaya buying power worth Rs 3 crore every day: CM Sangma
- Pakistan may pull out of Asia Cup after SL, Afghan, Bangladesh reject ‘Hybrid Model’
- Odisha train crash: Assam man recalls co-traveler’s severed head on chest
- Meghalaya Cabinet to amend memo on roster system