Guwahati: Seventy new dengue cases were detected in Assam, taking the tally to 796, according to data issued on Saturday.
Karbi Anglong continued to be the worst-hit as the district reported 55 new cases, said the National Health Mission, Assam.
Eight new cases were reported in Kamrup Metropolitan, while Bongaigaon and Jorhat accounted for two each.
Cachar, Dima Hasao and Tinsukia reported one case each.
The state has been witnessing a surge in dengue cases since November 1.
- Assam: Forces posted at Indo-Bhutan border sensitised on wildlife crime
- Pol party seeks removal of ‘non-indigenous’ Gaon Bura in Dimapur
- Merge TIPRA with Congress, lead the party: Tripura MLA to Pradyot Debbarman
- Assam: Major earthquake jolts Guwahati
- Nagaland: NCC girls’ band representing NE for R-Day 2024 begins practice
- Mizoram: Guv inaugurates Raj Bhavan’s first-ever Gandhi Jayanti exhibition