Diphu: Morphines worth Rs 15 crore were seized and two people were arrested from Karbi Anglong district of Assam on Saturday, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a check-post was set up at Dillai, a senior police official said.
“Around 11.30 am, a vehicle coming from Manipur bearing registration number of Uttar Pradesh was intercepted. After a thorough search of the vehicle, about 4 kg of morphine was recovered, hidden in the back side of the vehicle,” he said.
The market value of the drug was estimated to be around Rs 15 crore, the official said.
“In this connection, two persons were arrested. Both of them hail from Manipur,” he added.
- Mizoram: 3 killed as Khawzawl road construction site caves in
- Several leaders in Mizoram’s Siaha quit MNF
- The seven important nutrients for mental health
- Antibodies against coronavirus ‘coldspots’ discovered
- When wastewater from planes was tested for COVID among travellers
- ‘Your tiger killed my cattle’: As big cats thrive in Bhutan, farmers struggle