Diphu: Huge cache of arms and ammunition was recovered in Assam’s Karbi Anglong district, police said on Saturday.
The arms and ammunition were buried inside the elephant camp of a forest near Diphu-Dhansiri Road, Superintendent of Police Sanjiv Saikia said.
Acting on a tip-off, the recovery was made. The seized items include two grenades, 69 live ammunition and a magazine of AK-47 rifle, 12 SLRs and two pistol magazines, he said.
The ammunition is suspected to have been buried about four months ago by militant outfit Dimasa National Liberation Tribal (DNLT), police said.
A search is on to nab the militants, they said.
- Kid’s ‘rushed’ immune response behind Covid reinfection: Study
- Meghalaya 2023: Over Rs 23 lakh cash, alcohol seized in Garo Hills
- Guwahati: Sahitya Sabha, GMDA at loggerheads over Chachal land
- Blood test can detect Alzheimer’s 3.5 years before diagnosis
- Mizoram: 3 killed as Khawzawl road construction site caves in
- Mizoram: Several local leaders quit MNF in Siaha