Guwahati: Two youths lost their lives after their vehicle plunged into a pond at Laluk near North Lakhimpur district in Assam on Sunday morning.
Sources said the vehicle was travelling at a high speed when the driver lost control resulting in the car falling into the pond. The passenger and the driver could not get out of the vehicle in time.
The deceased have been identified as Anarul Islam and Noor Mohammad. They were en route to Tezpur.
Locals were able to pull out the vehicle from the pond and recovered the bodies.
Police reached the scene and sent the bodies for post-mortem.
Three more persons are believed to have been injured in the accident, however, the exact cause is yet to be ascertained.
- Attempt being made to ‘make judiciary part of PMO’: Cong
- Sikkim parties demand removal of immigrant tag on Nepalis in SC verdict
- India repatriates 17 Pakistani prisoners: Pak High Commission
- Over 4 lakh voters added to Assam’s electoral roll
- Situation along eastern border with China stable but unpredictable: GOC-in-C
- Pathaan: Total worldwide collection crosses Rs 200 cr mark