Dhemaji: Troops of the Red Shield Division rescued passengers and the driver of a passenger carrier which caught fire on NH-515 near Rayang, Dhemaji district, Assam on Saturday.
The prompt response by Red Shield Eagles team ensured the timely evacuation of the burning vehicle and dousing of the fire which otherwise could have led to grave injuries to the passengers.
The passengers were moved to a safe location and traffic congestion building up near the site was restored to normalcy.
The response of the team has gone a long way in reaffirming the faith of the local populace in the Indian Army towards nation-building and assistance.
- Meghalaya: Govt considering jobs for dependents of Mukroh victims
- Meghalaya: State limping back to normalcy after Mukroh violence, says CM
- Mukroh incident linked to timber smuggling, not border dispute: Special DGP
- Did Dibrugarh Uni try to cover up ragging incident? Police to probe, says Assam CM
- Arunachal bags 14 medals in Wushu Women’s League
- Mizoram: BJP, MNF to form coalition government in MADC