Guwahati: Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar will arrive here on Thursday on a day-long visit to Assam to inaugurate a cultural event, officials said.
He is scheduled to inaugurate folk festival ‘Lokmanthan-2022’, organised by cultural organisation Prajna Pravah at the Srimanta Sankardeva Kalakshetra.
Governor Jagadish Mukhi and Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma will also be present on the occasion.
Dhankhar will spend the afternoon at the Raj Bhavan here.
He is also slated to visit the Kamakhya Temple, atop the Nilachal Hills, before leaving for New Delhi in the evening, the officials said.
Also read: Nepal President Bhandari refuses to sign Citizenship Amendment Bill
- Assam cabinet decides to expand food security net
- Set up committee to review job policy: All party meet to Meghalaya govt
- Active Covid cases in country dip to 3,925
- Senior IPS officer Rajiv Singh new Manipur DGP, replaces P Doungel
- Sikkim’s financial condition improved since SKM came to power: CM
- PM Modi, Nepalese counterpart Prachanda hold talks