Rangia (Assam): A large amount of explosives used for illegal quarrying were seized and one person was arrested in Assam’s Kamrup district on Friday, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, police seized 2,800 gelatin sticks and 1,500 electronic detonators from a pick-up van in Rani area and arrested the driver, an officer said.
Many miners have been illegally quarrying by bringing in explosives, he said, adding further investigation is underway to unearth the network.
- Tripura: MBB Airport to get foreign exchange counter
- India doesn’t need to be told what to do on democracy: UNSC President Ruchira Kamboj
- Nagaland: VP Jagdeep Dhankhar visits WW-II memorial in Kohima
- India records 275 new COVID-19 cases, tally of active infections now 4,672
- Centre approves major road reconstruction, bridge conversion projects for Assam: CM
- Two NSCN-U rebels held in Arunachal Pradesh