Kokrajhar: A court in Assam’s Kokrajhar district on Tuesday sentenced a man to 20 years rigorous imprisonment for raping a 10-year-old girl in July 2019.
The Special Judge for Pocso cases, Joydeb Koch also slapped a fine of Rs 10,000 on Sharidul Islam of Gossaigaon for raping the minor girl.
Islam raped the girl when she went to the grazing field near a river to see her family cows.
Based on a complaint by the victim’s uncle, a case was registered under the Indian Penal Code and the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act.
- Assam: Himanta distributes scooters to meritorious students
- Congress prez Kharge hits out at Modi govt for stopping scholarships for minority students
- Mukroh Firing: Meghalaya BJP prez meets Assam officer attacked in Shillong
- BSF-BGB regional meeting in Tripura from Dec 7 to discuss border issue
- Arunachal: Concerted efforts needed to give RGU pan-India character, says Guv
- Assam: Four Dibrugarh University students expelled for ragging