Barpeta: Two people were arrested in Assam’s Barpeta district on Sunday for allegedly indulging in jihadi activities, police said.
Akbar Ali and Abul Kalam Azad were detained from a house in Sorbhog area of the district on Saturday night, they said.
“Following their interrogation overnight, they were arrested on Sunday,” a police officer said.
When produced before a local court, they were remanded to 10 days in police custody, he said.
Also read | Assam CM reminds Kejriwal of Delhi’s London makeover promise
- Fast X review: proof that there’s method in madness of the franchise
- More looted arms recovered in violence-hit Manipur
- Assam: 3F Oil Palm collaborates with state govt for ceremonial plantation
- Naga club vandalism: Angamis urges NSF to withdraw FIR
- 57 arms, 318 ammunition, 5 bombs recovered in strife-torn Manipur
- 15 construction workers killed in vehicle collision in Bangladesh