Tinsukia: A traffic sub-inspector allegedly died by suicide inside a police station in Assam’s Tinsukia district on Monday, police said.
The sub-inspector, Dina Kant Sonowal, shot himself with his service revolver in Tinsukia Police Station around 3.30 pm, they said.
The police officer died on the spot.
An investigation has been launched in the matter, police said.
Also read | Assam: Environmentalists meet to review Forest Conservation Rules
- Antisemitism on Twitter has more than doubled since Elon Musk took over
- Frequent earthquakes vs vulnerabilities of the Himalayan region
- Calls for a ‘green’ Ramadan revive Islam’s long tradition of sustainability
- Why supply chain issues do not cause inflation
- Rahul ‘mismanaged’ Himanta episode in Assam: Azad in memoir
- Gods in the machine? Rise of AI may result in new religions