Assam (Guwahati): All Assam Pradesh Mahila Congress Committee lodged FIR against Ritu Bora of Bharatiya Janata Party for defaming Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi Vadra by transforming her voice into that of a transgender.
In the protest held on August 5 by the All India Congress Committee in presence of Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, for exorbitant price rising on essential commodities and illegally imposing GST on it. In response to the protest, Ritu Borah transformed the Congress leader”s voice as a transgender into a song. The Congress Committee believes that it has not only defamed the integrity of Congress leader but also demanded the individual dignity of Priyanka Gandhi Vadra.
“If the FIR is registered then it will prove the authenticity of the cybercrime unit of Assam police by DGP Bhaskar Jyoti Mahanta,” said Meera Goswami Borthakur, a leader of the Congress Women Wing.
“Every woman, irrespective of ruling or opposition party, should get justice if someone says ill about them in public,” said Meera Goswami Borthakur, Leader of Congress Women Wing.
Ritu bora is the District Co-convenor of Kisan Morcha of the BJP in Golaghat. The FIR has been lodged in the Dispur Police Station of Guwahati.
- Mon massacre: Nagas from Nagaland, Manipur observe black day
- Centre to convene all-party meet to finalise strategies for 2023 G-20 summit
- Mirabai, Indian lifters begin quest for Olympic qualification with World Championships
- 2023 election to lay foundation stone for making a ‘vibrant Tripura’: Bhoumik
- Meghalaya: BJP hits back at NPP over ‘toothless tiger’ jibe
- One year of Mon massacre: No one died in Oting?