Guwahati: After snatching chains, bags and purses, bike-borne miscreants this time snatched a child from a mother’s lap in Assam’s Guwahati.
Two motorcycle-borne culprits allegedly snatched a three-year-old child from the mother at the Bharalumukh area in Guwahati on Thursday evening.
The incident took place when the woman, Mazirun Bibi, was returning home with her child. Though she raised an alarm, the miscreants sped away with the child.
Bibi immediately reported the matter to the police after which an FIR was registered at the Bharalumukh Police Station against unidentified kidnappers.
The police have launched a massive manhunt to rescue the child, but the culprits are yet to be apprehended and the child rescued from their clutches.
Bibi, a beggar, stays in a rented house in Guwahati’s Santipur area near Bharalumukh, where the incident took place.
Snatching of chains, bags and purses in Guwahati, especially from women, is nothing new, but Thursday’s incident has taken the people of one of the fastest growing cities in northeast India by surprise.
Also read | Assam: Driven by poverty, father poisons kids, kills self in Sivasagar
- Army Chief Gen Pande on two-day visit to Bangladesh
- Guwahati cyclists participate in cycle ride, plant trees on World Environment Day
- Manipur: 790 looted ammunition, arms recovered by security forces
- Abhishek Banerjee’s wife Rujira stopped from boarding Dubai flight
- India strongly raising issue of climate justice with developed countries: PM Modi
- Arunachal: Govt expedites implementation of 50 Golden Jubilee Model Schools