GUWAHATI: A 40-year-old man from Athkhelia Bogorichuk village in Assam’s Golaghat district died after falling off a moving tractor on Wednesday.
The incident occurred when the deceased, Papul Chutia, was returning home with two other people in the evening.
Though Chutia was rushed to a nearby hospital by the locals, doctors declared him brought dead. The body was later sent for post-mortem.
The driver of the tractor, however, escaped from the spot immediately after the incident in fear of getting beaten up by the public.
A case has been registered by the police and investigation into the matter is on.
- UGC tells education institutions to create awareness on ‘Har Ghar Tiranga’ campaign
- Former Pak PM Imran Khan took most items from Toshakhana for free
- China continues rare military drills around Taiwan even after 4 days
- Top TTP commander Khorasani, 3 others killed in Afghanistan blast
- US-China relationship unlikely to improve soon: Singapore PM Lee
- Students stage protest against massive fuel price hike in Bangladesh