GUWAHATI: A 40-year-old man from Athkhelia Bogorichuk village in Assam’s Golaghat district died after falling off a moving tractor on Wednesday.
The incident occurred when the deceased, Papul Chutia, was returning home with two other people in the evening.
Though Chutia was rushed to a nearby hospital by the locals, doctors declared him brought dead. The body was later sent for post-mortem.
The driver of the tractor, however, escaped from the spot immediately after the incident in fear of getting beaten up by the public.
A case has been registered by the police and investigation into the matter is on.
- Assam: NRL GM Diganta Changmai arrested for leaking classified info
- Does exercise really do nothing for longevity, as a Finnish twins study suggests?
- Ancient ocean water found in Himalayas could offer insights about evolution
- How 15 years of corruption led to the Sikkim disaster
- Can stamps raise awareness about Indian vultures? Study says yes
- 180 ‘One Station One Product’ outlets showcase indigenous products