Nagaon (Assam): A girl has been allegedly raped and killed in Assam’s Hojai district, police said on Tuesday.
The class 10 student had gone missing after her tuition class in her hometown Lumding on Monday evening.
“The minor’s body was found in Krishna Basti area of Lumding on Tuesday. Prima facie, it seems to rape and murder case but the cause of death will be known after post-mortem examination,” a senior officer said.
No arrests have been made so far, he added.
- Manipur: ATSUM reaffirms stand on ADC Bill after lifting blockade
- Sworn in as CM for eighth time, Nitish tells BJP to ‘worry’ about 2024 LS polls
- Meghalaya: Khasi, Garo languages made compulsory in state judicial exam
- Manipur: Walkathon held as part of Har Ghar Tiranga in Churachandpur
- Sports18 to broadcast Indian Oil Durand Cup
- In Pics: Police, students take part in Tiranga rally in Kohima