Guwahati: A mobile application was being developed by the Board of Secondary Education in Assam for the benefit of school students, state education minister Ranoj Pegu said.
He also said that the education department had been exploring digital education mechanisms in keeping with the growing use of technology in all spheres of life.
Speaking at the launch of two mobile phone applications by the Board of Secondary Education, Assam (SEBA), on Tuesday, Pegu said technology and digital means are being adopted to ensure greater benefits for students.
He maintained that his department was working towards implementation of digital education and was developing necessary infrastructure for it.
The app will have online lessons, question banks and worksheets, among other features, all of which will help students get information beyond what is covered in school syllabus, official sources said.
- UGC tells education institutions to create awareness on ‘Har Ghar Tiranga’ campaign
- Former Pak PM Imran Khan took most items from Toshakhana for free
- China continues rare military drills around Taiwan even after 4 days
- Top TTP commander Khorasani, 3 others killed in Afghanistan blast
- US-China relationship unlikely to improve soon: Singapore PM Lee
- Students stage protest against massive fuel price hike in Bangladesh