Dhubri: Properties worth over Rs 1 crore of a man accused of cattle smuggling were attached by the police in Assam’s Dhubri district on Monday, an officer said.
The attached properties of Samsul Hoque alias Gabbar Singh are worth Rs 1,02,01,202, Superintendent of Police Abhijit Gaurav said.
It includes land at five places and two bank accounts, he said.
The properties were attached as per the provisions of the Assam Cattle Preservation Act 2021, he added.
Hoque was arrested on July 2 in cattle smuggling cases.
He allegedly smuggled cattle to Bangladesh, police said.
This is the third such case in which the properties of a suspected cattle smuggler have been attached, they said.
- What is click chemistry that won chemist trio Nobel Prize?
- Good coffee vs bad coffee: Curious tastes of cultural omnivores
- India announce 21-member squad for FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup
- Doomsday bunkers, Mars and ‘The Mindset’: the tech bros trying to outsmart the end of the world
- Scientists find new evidence for liquid water on Mars
- Salman Rushdie among bookie favourites in UK to win Nobel Prize