Kokrajhar (Assam): An adivasi woman was killed in Kokrajhar district of Assam on the suspicion that she practiced witchcraft, police said.
The incident took place at Bongaijora village part-II in the district on Saturday night, they said.
The 55-year-old woman’s body was found in a pool of blood on the verandah of her house, a police officer said.
“She was stabbed multiple times. Though villagers are keeping mum, they had in the past, too, tried to kill the woman, branding her as a witch, he said.
Three people have been arrested in connection with the incident, the officer added.
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Schedule, fixtures, predictions today, Nov 30
- India’s Maternal Mortality Ratio dips to 97 in 2018-20 from 130 in 2014-16
- India reports 279 new COVID-19 cases
- Tripura 2023: Congress says 30% candidates will be youths
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for November 30
- Tatas set up EV charging station in Guwahati