Maligaon: The Railway Protection Force (RPF) of Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) successfully rescued two women and two minor girls during routine checking in its drive against human trafficking on July 8 at different railway stations across the network.
On 08-07-22, a RPF team of Anti-Human Trafficking Unit of Dimapur,
conducted a search operation based on a tip-off at the Dimapur railway
Based on the information received, the RPF team apprehended a person
(suspected to be a human trafficker), along with two females from the railway
station. The apprehended person, with two females was brought to RPF post,
Dimapur. The rescued females were later handed over to Women Police of
Dimapur under Government of Nagaland, for necessary action.
In other two incidents on Friday, the RPF escorting team during their
routine checking rescued two runaway minor girls from Rangiya-Dibrugarh
Express and Rajdhani Express, respectively.
The minor girl rescued from Rangiya-Dibrugarh Express was handed over to Child Line, Dibrugarh. The other rescued minor girl from Rajdhani Express was handed over to GRP, Mariani post, who further handed over the child to her mother.
- PM Modi congratulates Lalduhoma on taking oath as Mizoram CM
- Hornbill Festival continues even after winter rain lashes Kohima
- WB paddlers dominate Day 2 of Uni TT tournament in Guwahati
- Huge honour: Arunachal ranger Bunty Tao to lead Asian Rangers Forum
- Fake toll plaza in Gujarat collects over Rs 75 crore
- Adoption process must be fast-tracked: Tripura Minister