According to the police, Prafulla Bodo and his wife Ranjita Bodo had a fight after he got drunk early in the morning.
Guwahati: A drunk man was beaten to death by his wife following an argument in Mangaldai, Darrang district, on June 8, Wednesday.
The incident occurred in the Kachari Para area of the town.
According to the police, Prafulla Bodo and his wife Ranjita Bodo had a fight after he got drunk early morning. The husband endured fatal injuries as the fight escalated and got out of hand.
Ranjita Boro later told the media that her husband regularly abused her after getting drunk. He started beating her with a piece of wood, which he replaced with an iron rod on Wednesday.
The wife was arrested and a case of murder has been registered at Mangaldai Police station.
Further details are awaited.
- Guwahati: Here’s how the rebel Shiv Sena MLAs are whiling time at hotel
- Bengal student takes Facebook job, rejects Amazon, Google. His salary?
- Modi says geopolitical tension not limited to Europe; rising prices affecting all
- India records 11,793 new Covid cases, 27 deaths
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for June 28
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for June 28