Kokrajhar (Assam): A minor girl was allegedly raped by three men in Assam’s Kokrajhar district and police have arrested two of them, a senior police official said on Tuesday.
According to the official, the incident took place on Monday night at Dholmara village when the 16-year-old girl was returning home from a nearby shop.
The girl’s father lodged an FIR at Kokrajhar police station alleging that three youths had raped his daughter, police said.
The FIR was registered under various sections of the Indian Penal Code and the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act.
“We have already arrested two of the accused from Lalkura Part-II today and are looking out for the third culprit,” the official said.
The All Koch-Rajbongshi Students’ Union (AKRSU), among several political and social organisations have strongly condemned the incident and demanded stringent punishment for the culprits.
Also read | Guwahati: Robbers murder man in Hatigaon area
- Legislation in US Congress to make Diwali a federal holiday
- ChatGPT can’t think: consciousness is something entirely different to today’s AI
- Modi-Biden talks to revolve around peace, prosperity: US Envoy
- Did early humans stop in Arabia for 30,000 years on way out of Africa?
- UK to focus on enhancing science and innovation ties with India
- Headache after exercise: why they happen and how to prevent them