Guwahati: To appreciate the efforts put in by faculty members and to improve the quality of research in peer-reviewed research publications on high-impact journals and patents, AdtU undertook an initiative to give out financial rewards to the faculty members based on their research quality.
On Friday May 20, 2022, at the first reward distribution ceremony held at the University, rewards worth Rs 3.6 lakh were awarded to four researchers by the Hon’ble Chancellor of AdtU, Dr NN Dutta.
The four research awardees were Ruhul Amin from the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science, Arnab Jyoti Deba Sarma from the Faculty of Paramedical Sciences, and Dr Manash Pratim Sarma & Dr Deep Prakash Parasar from the Faculty of Science.
Among the attendees at the ceremony were the Vice-Chancellor, Chairman of Research, Dean, Research and Innovation, the Deans of Faculties, other faculty members, and the administrative staff. The Chancellor congratulated the recipients and encouraged all to contribute to developing a healthy research environment at the University.
Vice-Chancellor Prof. N. C. Talukdar mentioned that a lot of positivity can be seen amongst the faculty members and appreciated them for taking research seriously. Chairman Research, Prof Dharmesar Das, also addressed the gathering and shared ideas on improving the quality of research publications.
During his vote of thanks, Prof. Sunandan Baruah, Dean, Research and Innovation, said that if researchers are passionate about their work and put in dedicated efforts, accolades will naturally follow them.
- How to stop thinking the worst will happen when you’re stressed
- How the music of an ancient rock painting was brought to life
- Your body’s internal clock dictates when you eat, sleep, might have a heart attack
- Nagaland: Truck from Manipur kills 5, injures 3 in hit-and-run case
- Tripura: Major blow to IPFT; breakaway faction joins TIPRA
- Manipur landslide: Mortal remains of Army personnel flown to Siliguri