Guwahati: In a shocking incident, a man was brutally murdered after robbers broke into a house in Guwahati’s Hatigaon area. The incident took place at House Number 42 in Friends Path, late on Monday night. The deceased, identified as Zainuddin Ahmed, was an ‘imam’ by profession and the house caretaker.
As per the initial inquiry, Ahmed was murdered after robbers barged into the house expecting it to be empty. The assailant entered the house by cutting the grills and the police believe it was an attempted break-in that went wrong.
Ahmed was residing as a caretaker in the house of Abdul Haque, a PWD engineer currently in Hyderabad for treatment.
Ahmed hailed from Sipajhar in the Darrang district of Assam.
Meanwhile, an investigation into the incident has been initiated by the police and they are on the lookout for the culprit.
- Attempt being made to ‘make judiciary part of PMO’: Cong
- Sikkim parties demand removal of immigrant tag on Nepalis in SC verdict
- India repatriates 17 Pakistani prisoners: Pak High Commission
- Over 4 lakh voters added to Assam’s electoral roll
- Situation along eastern border with China stable but unpredictable: GOC-in-C
- Pathaan: Total worldwide collection crosses Rs 200 cr mark