Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Saturday reaffirmed his commitment to ensure the welfare and progress of the tea garden communities, whose toil leads to the famous Assam Tea.
In a Tweet on the occasion of International Tea Day, he wrote: “For millions every morning begins with a refreshing cup of tea!”
He added that toil and sweat of the tea garden workers results in the world famous Assam Tea and affirmed once again to ensure their well-being.
“On #InternationalTeaDay, I reaffirm our commitment to continue working for welfare & progress of our tea garden communities,” Sarma wrote.
Also read: Two govt employees in Assam caught taking bribe, arrested
- India to host Miss World pageant for the first time in 27 years
- What is organic food and how to identify organic products?
- India’s Samudrayaan project on track: Rijiju
- Heatwave conditions likely to continue for 3 more days in Bengal
- Nagaland: 16-yr-old Tenloi Phom secures silver in National school games
- Arunachal athletes battling for life after deadly accident