Diphu: Two persons, including a school teacher, have been arrested for allegedly raping a woman and shooting videos of the incident to blackmail her, in Assam’s Karbi Anglong district, police said on Saturday.
The duo had allegedly lured many women by promising to provide them with loans and then raped them in the past, police said.
A married woman from Dokmoka area was also lured in the same manner and was taken to Khetri in Kamrup Metropolitan district where she was raped and a video was made of the incident in February this year.
The woman on her return approached the rights group Karbi Anglong Women Justice Forum (KAWJF), alleging that the school teacher was blackmailing her that he would make the video public.
The KAWJF filed a case at the Diphu police station recently and the police subsequently arrested the duo.
Also Read | Odisha to install 236 CCTV cameras in Puri for Ratha Yatra
- Mizoram: Chin exiles, local issues and the humble areca nut
- Most expensive book ever? What makes this $50M Hebrew Bible so special?
- Danger of poor housing in remote communities
- Nepal’s vultures, recovering from a poisoning crisis, fly into another
- What peace in Ukraine and a post-conflict world look like to Xi and Putin
- Universal Basic Income does not cause inflation