Diphu: Two persons, including a school teacher, have been arrested for allegedly raping a woman and shooting videos of the incident to blackmail her, in Assam’s Karbi Anglong district, police said on Saturday.
The duo had allegedly lured many women by promising to provide them with loans and then raped them in the past, police said.
A married woman from Dokmoka area was also lured in the same manner and was taken to Khetri in Kamrup Metropolitan district where she was raped and a video was made of the incident in February this year.
The woman on her return approached the rights group Karbi Anglong Women Justice Forum (KAWJF), alleging that the school teacher was blackmailing her that he would make the video public.
The KAWJF filed a case at the Diphu police station recently and the police subsequently arrested the duo.
- Two quakes rock Assam, Meghalaya
- Manipur nurses’ potential recognised by foreign countries: Dr Sapam Ranjan
- Tripura: Cabinet approves schemes for PwD; health & IT policy soon
- India, Nepal ties will benefit entire humanity in global situation: Modi
- BJP works to create divide, Cong to connect with all: Rahul Gandhi
- Army completes Court of Inquiry into killing of Nagaland civilians